Fiona ofHow To Be Chic has proclaimed this month to be “Chic September”: Thirty days of leading a life as chic, elegant and healthy as possible. This inspired me to think of the little things that can increase the chic factor of every given day.
Here’s what I came up with:
- Use your favorite perfume. Savor the smell.
- Try not to rush in the morning.
- Wear a piece of jewelry that you forgot you had.
- Smile at everyone.
- Read something that makes you feel smart.
- Have a cup of tea.
- Do your nails.
- Buy fresh flowers.
- Wear heels (that you can walk in).
- Try to find a way to make your surroundings more clean and chic.
- Light a candle.
- Attend a cultural event, or go to a museum.
- Spend time with your loved ones.
- Use your “nice” things. The stuff you save for special occasions. Guess what, life IS a special occasion.