Wednesday, September 14, 2011

14 Ways To Make Your Day More Chic


Fiona ofHow To Be Chic has proclaimed this month to be “Chic September”: Thirty days of leading a life as chic, elegant and healthy as possible. This inspired me to think of the little things that can increase the chic factor of every given day.
Here’s what I came up with:

  • Use your favorite perfume. Savor the smell.
  • Try not to rush in the morning.
  • Wear a piece of jewelry that you forgot you had.
  • Smile at everyone.
  • Read something that makes you feel smart.
  • Have a cup of tea.
  • Do your nails.
  • Buy fresh flowers.
  • Wear heels (that you can walk in).
  • Try to find a way to make your surroundings more clean and chic.
  • Light a candle.
  • Attend a cultural event, or go to a museum.
  • Spend time with your loved ones.
  • Use your “nice” things. The stuff you save for special occasions. Guess what, life IS a special occasion. 
What makes YOU feel chic?

11 comments:

Rosalind said...

Ah, what a lovely list. The ones that really strike a chord with me are uncluttered surroundings, candles, cultural events and being with loved ones and friends. What would I add to the list? Lipstick. It always makes me feel different wearing lipstick.

Mrs. C said...

Such a great list! I love lighting candles!! :) :) Check out my jewelry giveaway!

www.MrsCapretta.com
Recipes Fashion Marriage

Baby Budget Blog said...

I love the 'buy fresh flowers' idea! Great list! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog a while back! Visit again soon!!

www.plentyforpennies.com

AJ TAYLOR said...

smile at everyone and wear heels. Always works for me. kool list

http://myafricancloset.wordpress.com/

Fiona said...

Lovely list Blue! I'm wearing heels today with my jeans, and took time to straighten my hair rather than wear it in a frizz.

Erin said...

LOVE. This is a great list-I love the piece of jewelry that you forgot you had, also the smile at everyone, the fresh flowers, and the using your "nice things". So true about Life being special!

xx

Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

Rachel {Da Paura ♥} said...

I absolutely love this list. I feel exactly the same way as you about the items that are important in order to be more chic and elegant... and glamorous! Love them all. You have won me over instantly as your newest follower ;)

X
Rachel

Plami said...

Great tips! I especially like the smile at everyone :))))) To make my day more chic I always wear fabulous make up and great shoes :)))

XoXo
Plami

http://www.fashionthrill.com/

Rachel said...

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog.

I love this list. Sometimes I forget to do things just for the chic-ness of it. Thanks for the inspiration.

dress ups and mess ups

M @StyleSizzle said...

Cute list! We could definitely all make more effort to be more "Chic" daily. I wrote a (sort of) similar post not too long ago on not waiting and dressing with purpose, every day. http://stylesizzle.com/fashion/how-to-wear-fashion-style-tips/how-to-dress-with-purpose

Price said...

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog. I love this list. Sometimes I forget to do things just for the chic-ness of it. Thanks for the inspiration. dress ups and mess ups